- This event has passed.
August 13, 10:30 am - 11:45 am
An event every week that begins at 10:30am on Sunday, repeating until December 31, 2017
KUNDALINI YOGA as taught by Yogi Bhajan is a dynamic, powerful form of yoga. It combines the traditional yogic tools of asana (posture), pranayama (breath), mudras, mantras, and deep relaxation into a unique series of yogic sets (called kriyas) and meditations. These kriyas and meditations are particularly suited to the age we live in, and above all else, they produce results quickly. Kundalini Yoga is the yoga of awareness and promotes a deeper connection to your true identity. In each session you will (likely) sweat, stretch, laugh, and relax more deeply than ever before.
Benefits you may experience with Kundalini Yoga
· Increases your overall strength, and improves muscle tone
· Supports the free flow of your breath
· Strengthens the navel center
· Strengthens the nervous system and balances the glandular system
· Increases your power of projection
· Opens your heart and promotes a deep sense of connection and trust.
This is an all levels and no levels class. No experience is required. Most sequences are done sitting or lying down with the eyes closed, no adjustments are given and students practice each guided Kriya at their own pace. Music is an aspect of this class, often deepening and uplifting the experience.